Along with extolling the virtues of being able to use Android Auto in over 30 countries Google have reminded developers that they can develop Google Assistant integration into their Android Auto apps to allow for seamless voice navigation of an app. Expanding on their connected cars powered by Android that we saw from Volvo and Audi at Google IO last year Google have announced the next step will be brought through a partnership with Volvo to bring the Play Store and Google Assistant (and of course Google Maps) directly into Volvo’s next generation of cars. They are hoping that this opens up the opportunities for developers to build upon this platform in a hope that it will take off in the future. The new updates to help developers build these in-car apps will be shared this week at Google IO — already they have been collaborating with developers for apps such as iHeartRadio, Pandora, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Telegram, WhatsApp along with Google’s Android Messages, Play Books and Play Music. These updates include new visual templates to make content within apps more visible and easier to find, media search enhancements by allowing apps to directly integrate their search results into Android… Read full this story
- Sneak peek inside stunning new wedding venue opening near Hull
- Take a sneak peek inside the world's best hotel for 2018
- Giants visit to start on Thursday with a sneak peek of Little Boy
- Take a sneak peek inside this brand new Derby school
- Look: Sneak peek of new Kasbah revealed
- Google Maps reveals top secret plans on Street View
- Pixel 3 launch: Google unveils new smartphone and Home Hub smart screen
- Google Home Hub rumours – £150 ‘smart screen’ for your kitchen that TALKS coming next month?
- ‘An Investigation Into Google Has Started Already’ – Cybersecurity Specialist
- Google revamps Wear OS for smartwatches with new look
Sneak peek of what to expect with Android Automotive at Google IO 2018 have 299 words, post on ausdroid.net at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.