By: PTI | Singapore | Published: June 11, 2018 1:19:44 pm U.S. President Donald Trump and Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong shake hands during a meeting at the Istana in Singapore June 11, 2018. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst US President Donald Trump on Monday hoped that a “nice” outcome could be reached from what he said would be a “very interesting meeting” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday. Trump made the remarks at a working lunch with Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the presidential palace Istana after their bilateral meeting during which the two leaders discussed everything from the summit preparations to the US’ tariff threats. He also thanked his Singapore hosts for their hospitality. “We have a very interesting meeting in particular tomorrow, and I think things can work out very nicely,” Trump said. “But we appreciate your hospitality and professionalism and your friendship. Thank you very much.” The US president was accompanied by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, National Security Adviser John Bolton, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.During the meeting, the officials also celebrated Trump’s birthday. He is turning 72 on June 14. Singapore Foreign… Read full this story
- Company credited for making inspirational 'Story of Opportunity' video that Trump showed to Kim Jong-un on an iPad during summit denies any involvement in the film
- Melania Trump Leaves Donald to Fly Solo to Korea and G7 Summits
- North Korea admits that Kim Jong Un CAN'T bend space and time after decades of myth making
- 'Trump is bereft of reason... and SENILE': One of Kim Jong-un's top generals launches astonishing attack on US president as North Korea threatens missile strike on Guam 'within days'
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un makes another appearance, holds meeting on bolstering nuclear forces
- The Madness of Donald Trump
- Piers Morgan reveals his father is taking drug hydroxychloroquine for rheumatoid arthritis after Donald Trump's controversial revelation that he's been using it to fend off COVID-19
- Donald Trump will sign executive order on 'social media' after threatening to CLOSE platforms he claims are censoring conservatives in wake of Twitter fact-checking his tweets
- Kim Jong-un Rides in Chic Rolls Royce Despite Tough US Sanctions – Reports
- Trump forecasted his own summit with 'wacko' North Korea on TV in 1999 and warned the communist regime was 'not a bunch of dummies' – but said he would 'negotiate like crazy' before striking them
Donald Trump meets Singapore PM; hopes ‘nice’ outcome from summit with Kim Jong have 393 words, post on indianexpress.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.