Sophie Carson Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 10:48 PM EDT Apr 19, 2019 City officials told Milwaukee residents Friday to make sure they have received the measles vaccine. Residents should review their families’ immunizations and make sure children have received both doses of the measles vaccine, the city Health Department said. The department recommends that children have their first dose at 12 to 15 months old, and their second dose at 4 to 6 years old. Most adults born after 1956 need at least one dose of the measles vaccine. Call (414) 286-8034 if you are a Milwaukee resident and you believe you are eligible to receive the vaccines from the department. If you have health insurance, contact your health care provider. The recent measles outbreak has not yet hit Wisconsin. The state health department in Michigan reports 43 cases. Other outbreaks are in New York, New Jersey, Washington and California. RELATED: ‘Your neighbor doesn’t believe in vaccinating’: Wisconsin woman receives anonymous warning RELATED: A Brookfield man broke a measles quarantine to go to the gym, complaint says Contact Sophie Carson at (414) 223-5512 or [email protected] Follow her on Twitter at @SCarson_News.
- A college student in Boston was diagnosed with measles. Health officials say many people may have been exposed
- Health officials in Omaha confirm 2 pediatric flu deaths
- The Starting 5: Iran Strikes Back, Carlos Ghosn, Measles Vaccine, Kim Jong Un's Birthday and a New China Report
- Wisconsin child dies from flu on the way to the hospital: health officials
- Measles cases at Denver, Los Angeles airports are connected, federal health officials confirm
- Health officials confirm first case of Mers virus in US
- Health officials say second US Mers case confirmed
- New Rabies Case Confirmed In Oakland County: Health Officials
- More than 140,000 people worldwide died from measles last year, most of them younger than 5
- Possible Measles Exposure At South Station And Two Boston Buses
Milwaukee health officials: Get the measles vaccine have 297 words, post on eu.jsonline.com at June 28, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.