The antiquities which are part of folklore of Indian opulence are adorning museums world over after being taken by colonial masters. New Delhi: The Central Information Commission (CIC) has asked the Prime Minister’s Office and the External Affairs Ministry to disclose the efforts made to bring back priceless Indian antiquities such as the Kohinoor diamond, golden throne of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, jade wine cup of Shah Jahan and Tipu Sultan’s sword. The antiquities which are part of folklore of Indian opulence and finesse are adorning museums world over after being taken by colonial masters and invaders. When an RTI applicant approached the External Affairs Ministry and the Prime Minister’s Office, his query was transferred to the Archaeological Survey of India which said it is not its domain to make efforts to bring them back. BKSR Ayyangar, the applicant, demanded records pertaining to the efforts made by the government to bring back Kohinoor diamond, Sultanganj Buddha, Nassak diamond, the sword and ring of Tipu Sultan, the golden throne of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, royal jade wine cup of Shah Jahan, Amaravathi railings and Buddhapade, Saraswathi marble idol – Vagdevi and mechanical tiger of Tipu. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) said it… Read full this story
- The Kid Laroi reveals he plans to retreat from the spotlight in a few years to start a family: 'I want to buy a house and go MIA'
- DIA Roof: Councilman Calls For Expedited Action Plan
- On mission back to classroom, Odisha asks districts to plan own strategies
- FOI documents reveal secret plan for marketing makeover of NT's 'Boundless Possible' slogan
- Antiques Roadshow guests gobsmacked by staggering value of raindrops paintings 'Wow'
- Antiques Roadshow guest leaves expert stunned over Dalai Lama connection
- Steven Gerrard exclusive interview: Aston Villa head coach on first season in charge and the plans for the club's future
- 'A strike over ONE person!' RMT blasted over plan to halt London tube over Jubilee Weekend
- Love Island 2022 LATEST: Michael Owen’s daughter Gemma confirmed & Tasha becomes first deaf contestant as cast revealed
- The Full Moon in Scorpio brings up insecurities – here’s what each star sign needs to know
PMO asked to reveal action plan to bring back Kohinoor, other antiques have 350 words, post on www.asianage.com at June 3, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.