The UK Parliament voted 307 to 301 against an amendment to the trade bill that would have required the government to try to negotiate a customs union arrangement with the European Union by January 21, 2019. Theresa May nearly avoided a parliamentary defeat at the hands of pro-EU lawmakers from her own party in the vote, the UK-based media outlet reported. © AP Photo / Petros GiannakourisMake Britain Great Again: Ex-FM Boris Johnson Delivers Major Pep Talk for UKThere have been four major votes in recent British political history: the Scottish independence referendum of 2014, the 2015 UK election, the Brexit referendum of 2016 and the snap election called by the UK Prime Minister last year. Last week, Theresa May said that the possibility for the country to stay within the EU single market and customs union after Brexit is not up for discussion. On July 12, the UK government published its long-anticipated White Paper on the United Kingdom’s relations with the European Union after Brexit. In the document, London outlined its plans to leave the EU Single Market and the Customs Union, ending free movement and the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice in the United Kingdom. The UK government announced its plans to introduce a special customs procedure with the European Union, which would be implemented in stages. The White Paper also proposed the establishment of a new… Read full this story
- Online 'Chatter' Reportedly Threatens Lives of Legislators Ahead of Trump's Senate Impeachment Trial
- PA Democratic Party Blasts GOP Lawmaker After Report Described His Effort to Overturn Election
- Labour surges to a four point lead over Boris Johnson and the Conservatives – Sir Keir Starmer's biggest polling margin since the 2019 general election
- Lib Dem election campaign a 'car crash', says party's review
- Corbyn could support pre-Brexit election to stop no deal
- Theresa May has some front to stab Boris Johnson in back with her calculated attack
- Feel no pity for Theresa May. She has been the worst prime minister in modern times
- UK intelligence agencies should keep mass surveillance powers, report says
- Ex-UK Prime Minister May Slams Boris Johnson for 'Abandoning Global Moral Leadership'
- 'Genius' video shows Theresa May in Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Theresa May Reportedly Threatening UK's Rebel Legislators With General Election have 351 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 17, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.