This story has been updated to reflect that GrubHub responded to a complaint in the story. In a busy household with three teenagers and two adults working full time, Susan Spencer has found the restaurant delivery service Grubhub to be a boon for her family. At least once a week they order dinner from a restaurant; they have plenty of choices within a reasonable distance of their Irondequoit home. “The food is great. It comes to us on time. It’s exactly what we ordered. It’s a great solution for our household’s needs,” Spencer said. Spencer is part of a growing trend of people who want to eat food from restaurants but enjoy it at home. “It’s a lot to try to schedule a night out at a restaurant as a group,” she said. The convenience of summoning prepared food to your doorstep with the click of a button is causing the online delivery industry to expand at a dizzying rate. More than 78 million people use some sort of online delivery service in the U.S., with revenue well into the billions this year. Unsurprisingly, nearly half of these customers were millennials. As the demand for delivery services heats up, so has the field of competition. Three major apps rule the… Read full this story
- Food fight hots up as Deliveroo takes bite out of Just Eat’s market
- Ride-hailers break into food delivery
- Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza Opens Artisanal Pizza Restaurant In Lutz
- Restaurants To Offer Signature Menu Samples At Taste Of Brandon
- Talking America’s complicated fast-food feelings with a guy who sorted through them
- 34 New Features Your Favorite Apps Added That You Didn't Notice
- Restaurants serve up FAKE guacamole using squash because shortage drives up prices - to $2.18
- Shutdown brings early release of February SNAP food help. Will the money last to March?
- Meals on Wheels Online: New Site Tracks Food Trucks Nationwide
- Farm bill’s food stamp changes are largely symbolic despite GOP bid to tighten rules
Food delivery apps are impacting your favorite restaurants, taking bite out of profits have 327 words, post on www.democratandchronicle.com at August 7, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.