World International Affairs Russia has said the United States and its Western allies could amass the forces needed to attack Syria in just over a day, claiming they were preparing to do so under the false pretense of a staged chemical attack. Despite the Pentagon’s denials that it was building up its forces in the region, Moscow has insisted that the U.S. was gearing up for military action against Syria, where the two powers support rival factions in a seven-year civil war. Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova warned reporters Thursday that “the clouds are gathering again” over Syria as the U.S. threatened to respond harshly to any instances of chemical weapons attacks that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his international allies have denied conducting. “They [the United States] may build up missile capabilities for strikes on Syria in just over 24 hours. Currently, the strike grouping of the United States, France and Great Britain comprises strategic and tactical aircraft at airbases in Jordan, Kuwait and Crete. It consists of about 70 carriers, around 380 airborne cruise missiles and also two U.S. destroyers Carney and Ross, with each carrying 28 Tomahawks on its board,” Zakharova said, according to the state-run Tass Russian… Read full this story
- Harvey Weinstein 'has a whole floor to himself at Rikers where he is under 24 hour surveillance to protect him from other inmates' ahead of sentencing
- Russia Registers 2 Ceasefire Violations in Syria Over Past 24 Hours - Military
- Pete Buttigieg Rejects Complete Middle East Troop Withdrawal, Says Trump Foreign Policy Provoking 'Endless War'
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Reaches Huge Player Milestone In First 24 Hours
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Hits Huge Player Milestone In First 24 Hours
- Russia Says New U.S. Weapon Makes Nuclear War More Likely—But May Have 2,000 of Its Own
- Trump Administration Could Delay April 15 Tax Filing Deadline Over Coronavirus, Will Implement Stimulus Plans In Next 24 Hours
- Russia and Saudi Arabia spark unprecedented oil war amid coronavirus threats
- Bitcoin jumps another 10 percent in 24 hours to pass $19,000
- Russia accuses UK of organizing alleged Syria gas attack
Russia Says U.S. Could Attack Syria in 'Just Over 24 Hours' as War Games Expand have 333 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.