U.S. Leonard Bernstein google doodle The life and work of American music composer Leonard Bernstein is being celebrated with a Google Doodle marking the famed musician’s 100th birthday. In a statement, Google said its Doodle “celebrates Bernstein’s life set to one of his most iconic works—the score to West Side Story.” The musical, which tells the story of two lovers from rival gangs caught in a turf far in the west side of Manhattan, turf war between rival gangs, saw Bernstein nominated for six Tony Awards. Leonard Bernstein, American conductor composer and pianist, conducts the London Symphony Orchestra in rehearsal at the St Pancras Town Hall, London. A Google Doodle celebrates Bernstein’s 100th birthday. Ian Showell/Getty Recommended Slideshows 76 50 Highest Paying Jobs in the United States 80 In Pictures: Top 50 U.S. Cities Ranked by Quality of Life And Average Salary 76 75 Best-Selling Albums in U.S. History It saw further success when it was adapted to film in 1961. Bernstein, who died Oct. 14, 1990, aged 72, was the youngest conductor ever to lead the New York Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, in addition to being the first U.S. conductor to rise to international fame, leading a 1953 performance of ‘Medea’ at Italy’s renowned opera house, La Scala. The composer was born… Read full this story
- Google Doodle honors 1940s screen siren Hedy Lamarr for her little known work as a WWII radio frequency inventor
- Rosanne Cash to Receive MacDowell Medal for Contributions to American Culture
- Google Assistant's sweet advert with a husband asking the device to record memories of his late wife warms hearts during hotly anticipated $400million Super Bowl adverts as Bill Murray's 'Groundhog Day' reprisal for Jeep gets the most plaudits
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Americans venture out as officials pin future on vaccine
- Tragic tale of Israel Kamakawiwoʻole - Hawaiian music icon's fatal health battle
- Proms 2018: it ticks all the boxes but where's the radical and the recherché?
- After the wipe out
- The 13 Best Things That Happened in Music This Week (May 22)
- Every Time Michael Jordan Displayed Real Housewife Energy in
- How Madonna Blurred the Lines Between Personal and Persona on ‘I’m Breathless’
Who Was Leonard Bernstein? Facts And Quotes About Legendary American Composer Celebrated In Google Doodle have 356 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 25, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.