With the Rangers currently thin on internal options for the 2019 rotation, the team will likely be active in free agency this offseason, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. General manager Jon Daniels tells Wilson that the “concept of layering in a quality free agent addition, that’s appealing.”That said, as Wilson notes, the team isn’t likely to pursue top-of-the-market options likeDallas Keuchel andPatrick Corbin. Rather, a less substantial investment — something along the lines of last winter’s Mike Minor signing (three years, $28M), perhaps — could be in the cards.Of course, that assumes not only that the Rangers will be able to offer enough money, but also that they’ll be able to woo an appealing hurler to join a roster that likely won’t be expected to contend immediately. Of course, the very same uncertainties also make the Texas club “a pretty attractive destination” for pitchers who are “willing to compete for innings in Spring Training,” as Daniels put it.Even if the Rangers end up making a reasonably splashy acquisition, they’ll surely be looking for other arms to battle it out in camp. After all, there are slim pickings on hand.Beyond Minor, Adrian Sampson,Yohander Mendez, Ariel Jurado and Eddie Butler all possibilities… Read full this story
- Here's what the 2020-21 school year calendar may look like, according to the Texas Education Agency
- Kevin Durant dodges free agency questions before facing Knicks
- Are the Denver Broncos Ready to Go All in for Kirk Cousins in Free Agency?
- Philip Rivers free agency 2020: Here's how 10 QBs who played 10-plus seasons with one team fared after leaving
- Jon Lester open to possible Red Sox reunion should he hit free agency
- Cam Newton free agency rumors: QB is now open to signing as a backup, per report
- Colts OC reveals what sold Philip Rivers to Indianapolis over any other team in free agency
- Byfuglien and other veteran NHL free agent defensemen with unclear futures
- Perry, Spezza, and other NHL free agent forwards with uncertain futures
- Jason Peters continuing to explore options despite staying in contact with Eagles, per report
Rangers likely to shore up pitching options for 2019 during free agency have 345 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at September 13, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.