France tends to develop in the opposite direction to the rest of the eurozone and the economic lights are now on green. However, French morale tells a very different story and the international situation raises concerns among economic forecasters. EURACTIV France reports. In the run-up to the European elections, the economic situation in the eurozone seems to be more cheerful than was the case in 2014. Growth has generally returned and budgetary slippages are but bad memories. However, the hope generated by Emmanuel Macron’s election in 2017 has run out of steam. This is reflected just as strongly in economic activity as it is in French people’s sense of discontent. According to a survey conducted by BVA and La Tribune, 69% of French people think that the government’s economic policy is wrong. Discrepancy between France and the rest of the eurozone Still, the picture is not as bleak as it used to be under previous governments. Admittedly, there has not been the 2% growth promised by the French government for 2018. Instead, it is expected to be limited to 1.6% or 1.7%. The rise in economic activity that began in 2017 weakened this year, as the government’s fiscal policy and… Read full this story
- Majority of Americans say US economic conditions are good for the first time during the pandemic, per CNN Poll
- French presidential election: Who's who in the race to replace Macron?
- Japan Extends Economic Growth Streak
- Overemphasising positive attitude can backfire. But there's a way to avoid ‘toxic positivity'
- Maharashtra Home Minister Walse Patil tests positive for coronavirus 2nd time in one year
- Léa Seydoux and cast of "The French Dispatch" reveal how it is working for Wes Anderson
- PM Chính holds talks with French Senate President Gerard Larcher
- Funny memes can help people cope with stress of Covid pandemic, study claims
- This Authentic French Village In California Is Actually An Iconic Spa Retreat
- Serena Williams wants to "hug" Naomi Osaka after French Open withdrawal
French people barely comforted by positive economic conditions have 318 words, post on www.euractiv.com at October 25, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.