News by Press Association 15/11/2018, 1:54 pm FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Facebook has refuted a string of allegations about its inner workings, including that its engineers knew about Russian activity on the site earlier than it previously admitted. It is part of a report by The New York Times (NYT), which also alleges the social network used a public relations firm to discredit critics and deflect criticism onto other firms. The report suggests that in the midst of intense scrutiny over Facebook’s practices following the Cambridge Analytica scandal, data breaches and concerns over fake news and other content on the site, Facebook used a public relations firm in the US to encourage the creation and circulation of news articles criticising rival firms. It is also accused of more intensely debating posts by Donald Trump around a Muslim ban on arrivals into the US than other cases of free speech to protect its image, and only backing certain internet-related US legislation to improve relationships with politicians. In response to the report, Facebook claimed it contained a “number of inaccuracies”, and denied suggestions former security boss Alex Stamos had been discouraged from investigating Russian activity…. Read full this story
- Facebook: Social network's next moves could be game-changing
- Facebook denies using your location data to suggest friends
- READ: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s Prepared Testimony Revealed Ahead of Wednesday Hearing
- Facebook to thwart fake political adverts by, er, sending postcards
- Who is Mike Schroepfer? Facebook Users Can’t Opt Out of Political Advertising, CTO Admits in Fresh Grilling
- Facebook Wants to Fix Itself. Here's a Better Solution.
- US lawmakers want crackdown on Facebook, Twitter political ads
- The Cambridge Analytica and Facebook data scandal: what you need to know
- Cambridge Analytica Took 50M Facebook Users' Data—And Both Companies Owe Answers
- What is the Internet Research Agency? Facebook Shuts Hundreds of Accounts Linked to Russian Troll Factory
Facebook denies network knew about Russian meddling earlier than it admitted have 311 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at November 15, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.