Armed separatists stormed the Chinese Consulate in Pakistan’s southern port city of Karachi on Friday, triggering an intense hour-long shootout during which two Pakistani civilians, two police officers and all three assailants were killed, Pakistani officials said. The Pakistani civilians killed were a father and a son had come to the consulate to pick up their visas to China, police said. The brazen assault, claimed by a militant group from the southwestern province of Baluchistan, reflected the separatists’ attempt to strike at the heart of Pakistan’s close ties with major ally China, which has invested heavily into road and transportation projects in the country, including in Baluchistan. All the Chinese diplomats and staff at the consulate were safe and were not harmed during the attack or the shootout, senior police official Ameer Ahmad Sheikh said. Health officials in the U.S. and Canada are urging people to stay away from all romaine lettuce and products after 32 people in 11 states were sickened by an E. coli outbreak. (Published Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2018) Following the attack, China asked Pakistan to beef up security at the mission. In Beijing, Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said that China would not waver in its… Read full this story
- Police say gunmen kill 2 female polio workers in NW Pakistan
- Police: 2nd mosque prayer leader killed in SW Pakistan
- Pulwama terror attack: Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Mithali Raj, Sunil Chhetri lead athletes to condemn cowardly act
- Pakistan military launches ground attack on militants in North Waziristan
- Pakistan stands with China in battle against coronavirus, will provide full assistance: FM Qureshi
- Pakistan fears coronavirus outbreak if precautionary measures not put in place
- Chinese nationals working in Pakistan being examined for coronavirus
- Coronavirus outbreak: Pakistan unware of evacuations from China
- Pakistan advises US, Iran to 'resolve issues through diplomatic means'
- US Sentences Libyan National Involved in 2012 Benghazi Attacks to 19 Years in Prison - Justice Dept
Separatists Attack Chinese Consulate in Pakistan, Killing 4 have 307 words, post on www.nbcmiami.com at November 23, 2018. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.