By Daily Freeman | PUBLISHED: January 9, 2019 at 8:14 pm | UPDATED: January 10, 2019 at 6:53 am Michael Lang, lead promoter of the 1969, 1994 and 1999 Woodstock festivals, is putting on another one this summer in Watkins Glen, N.Y., to mark the 50th anniversary of the seminal original event, he said Wednesday. Woodstock 50 will be held Aug. 16 to 18 at the Watkins Glen International racetrack in the Finger Lakes, Lang said in an official announcement of the event. W The Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, a concert venue at the site of the original Woodstock festival in Bethel, N.Y., is holding its own 50th anniversary show the same weekend. Lang is not involved with that show. Watkins Glen is about 150 northwest of the original festival site. Neither Lang nor Bethel Woods has announced performer lineups, though Lang, who lives near the original festival site, told Rolling Stone magazine he already has booked more than 40 acts that will perform across three stages. Lang’s announcement said the Watkins Glen festival will feature “more than 60 of the biggest names and emerging talent in rock, hip hop, pop and country.” “It will be primarily contemporary talent, but the… Read full this story
- Review: New York Theater Goes Console With 'The Wii Plays'
- How New York City is giving payphones a 21st century revamp
- Capcom Announces New York Comic Con 2015 Line-Up; Umbrella Corps Playable for the First Time for North American Fans
- Firefox Aims To Convert Masses with New York Times Ad
- iWatch Rumors: Wearable enters final stages of testing, but may not debut until 2015
- Four additional tracks for Project CARS announced with screenshots
- Kingdom Hearts Orchestra World Tour — A Magical Night with the Series’ Best Music On Stage
- Intel says Kaby Lake, Apollo Lake, and Optane are on track during Computex 2016
- EA & Adidas Team Up To Promote ‘Need For Speed: The Run’
- Finally in surround after 50 years, ‘Sgt. Pepper’ is getting better all the time
Original promoter to stage ‘Woodstock 50’ in August at New York’s Watkins Glen track have 311 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.