As far as dinner parties go, it doesn’t get much more eclectic than Rihanna, the Duchess of Sussex, Joan Collins, Boy George and Skepta. They are just a handful of the 26 famous faces who have been brought together by the milliner Stephen Jones around the grand banqueting room table at the Royal Pavilion in Brighton, each represented by the headpiece the designer created for them. It forms the focal point of the designer’s new exhibition, Stephen Jones Hats, in which more than 170 hats from his 40-year career have been whimsically positioned in every room of King George IV’s famous pleasure palace. In the great kitchen, a beret made in 2005 depicting a full English breakfast sits next to a fascinator composed to resemble a French onion soup, made for Schwarzkopf in 1985. In the music room, a three-tiered cymbal creation made for the 2015 exhibition China: Through the Looking Glass at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York hangs from a chandelier. While Jones’s 2012 collection Chinoiserie-on-Sea greets visitors as they arrive, bridging the gap between familiar landmarks of the seaside town and the monarch’s preferred interior style, blending the Regency aesthetic with details inspired by creations… Read full this story
- Man who took out a local paper ad for information about his mother who died 40 years ago when he was three learns the truth about who she was and how she passed away
- Photo exhibition showcases Vietnamese battle against COVID-19 epidemic
- Photos of UFO hovering over forest 'best flying saucer sleuth has seen in 40 years'
- 'There's something special in every show': 40 years at the stage door
- Shocking moment masked thug robs Betfred at knife-point as gang who raided betting and corner shops in six-month spree are jailed for a total of 40 years
- 40-year-old medical practitioner, okada rider nabbed for rape
- Eamonn Holmes says he must 'reinvent himself' to 'stay relevant' despite 40-year career
- UK could see hottest June day in 40 years as temperatures soar towards 36C record
- Mount St. Helens 40 years later: what we’ve learned, and still don’t know
- The LGBT Health Movement, 40 Years Since Homosexuality Was a Mental Illness
Brighton exhibition showcases 40 years of hats by Stephen Jones have 347 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.