College of Dentistry offers free dental care
Dental students from the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry on Feb. 23 will offer complimentary dental care for children between the ages of 4 and 12 and complimentary screenings for children between the ages of 1 and 3.
Screenings will take place on the OU Health Sciences Center at the OU College of Dentistry, 1201 N. Stonewall Ave. During the college’s annual Kids’ Day Program, from 7:30 to 10:15 a.m., both dental and dental hygiene students — working under the supervision of trained dentists — will provide cleanings, fillings, crowns and caps as needed.
Patients will be seen as quickly as possible, but participants should be prepared to spend several hours at the event. Participants are asked to bring necessary personal items such as medication, diapers and snacks. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all children. Free parking will be available.
Registration is required, and space is limited. Registration and additional information are available at 607-4755.
Midstates completes stock buyback
TULSA — Midstates Petroleum announced Wednesday it had completed its plan to retire 5 million shares of its stock.
The company said it spent $50 million to buy back the shares at $10 each through a special tender offer it made to current stockholders and that the action took about 20 percent of its previously outstanding stock out of circulation.
- Businesses briefed on Stratford's transport plan
- Business briefs: Penman Engineering
- Britain's Interserve exits power business as part of restructuring
- China Feb exports jump 44.5 percent, strongest in three years, imports up 6.3 percent
- Three Italian unions confirm Feb. 10 strike of Ryanair workers
- Rice exports: grow 27% in Jul-Feb FY18
- Japan December final manufacturing PMI highest since Feb 2014
- Bombardier revs up aftermarket business to hit revenue growth target
- GVC gives away Turkish business to help smooth Ladbrokes takeover
- Sindh looks at reforms to climb Ease of Doing Business Index