Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE March 21, 2019, 5:19 PM GMT By JERUSALEM — President Donald Trump said Thursday that it’s time for the United States to recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the disputed Golan Heights, an announcement that signals a shift in U.S. policy and comes ahead of the Israeli prime minister’s planned visit next week to the White House. The administration has been considering recognizing Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan, which Israel captured from Syria in 1967. Last week, in its annual human rights report, the State Department dropped the phrase “Israeli-occupied” from the Golan Heights section, instead calling it “Israeli-controlled.” “After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical strategic and security importance to the State of Israel and Regional Stability!” Trump tweeted. Minutes later, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tweeted his appreciation. “At a time when Iran seeks to use Syria as a platform to destroy Israel, President Trump boldly recognizes Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights. Thank you President Trump!” Netanyahu to visit White House next week… Read full this story
- Every pro wrestler respects a good shtick. That's why this one voted for Donald Trump.
- A pro soccer team in Israel wants to rename itself in Donald Trump's honor
- The Drive of Alon Day: Born in Israel, bred on video games, the Jewish pilot tows NASCAR’s latest diversity hopes
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- The Week in Wrestling: Kurt Angle and Cody Rhodes on their upcoming steel cage match
- Years After His WWE Glory Days, Gangrel the Vampire Warrior Is Still Chasing His Wrestling Dreams
- How cricket is helping refugees integrate in Sweden
- Osorio’s culture-changing methodology, approach win over Chicharito, Mexico
Trump says U.S. must recognize Israel sovereignty over Golan Heights have 305 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.