Brits holidaying in Greece are being warned of potential delays as additional passport checks come into force. With summer just a few months away, holidaymakers are eyeing up the sun-kissed destination for a well-needed getaway. But, those of us heading to places like Crete, Athens, Corfu or Zante have been hit with some travel advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). As of this April 7, additional passport checks will be in place for Brits entering Greece – which is one of our most popular holiday hotspots. The change applies to all EU citizens coming from outside the “Schengen area”, who will now face delays at passport control, as Birmingham Live reports. Despite being in the EU, the UK is not in Schengen, along with other member states Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland and Romania (Romania and Bulgaria are in the process of joining). Non EU states Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein are also in the area. In statement the FCO said: “As of April 7, 2019, the Hellenic Police will begin implementing systematic passport control checks for all European citizens travelling to and from destinations outside the Schengen area (including the UK) in line with a 2017 Schengen Borders… Read full this story
- Can I go on holiday to Dubai? Latest travel advice and quarantine restrictions
- Will I need to renew my passport after Brexit? Latest travel advice and updates
- Can I travel to Spain, France and Germany? Latest coronavirus holiday advice
- Can I still travel to Denmark? Latest quarantine rules and advice
- Lanzarote, Tenerife and Gran Canaria have travel ban lifted by Germany – so is the UK next?
- Cheap half-term package holidays to quarantine-free Greece, Madeira and Cyprus from £228pp
- Brits to lose thousands because airlines won’t honour expired travel vouchers – here is what to do
- Head to Yorkshire’s award-winning Brompton Lakes for the perfect staycation
- Can I travel to the Canary Islands? Holiday quarantine rules explained
- 20,000 Brits battling for half-term holiday refunds as Britain puts Italy on the quarantine list
Brits heading to Greece this summer hit with urgent travel advice have 323 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at April 3, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.