Political commentators and ordinary social media users took to Twitter to share their thoughts on Monday’s devastating Notre Dame Cathedral inferno, with some linking it to hardline Islamists, the contentious issue of migration into Europe and even Michelle Obama. READ MORE: Macron Suspends Party’s EU Election Campaign After Notre Dame Fire — Candidate Following the fire, right-wing YouTuber Paul Joseph Watson shared a video by Damien Rue, which appears to show Facebook users with Muslim names reacting to a video of the Notre Dame Cathedral fire with laughing and smiley emojis. — Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) 15 апреля 2019 г. In a separate development, Fox News host Shepard Smith quickly shut down a French caller’s conspiracy theory claiming that the Notre Dame Cathedral may have been deliberately set on fire by potential terrorists. READ MORE: WATCH Emmanuel Macron Enter Notre Dame Cathedral as it Burned “So, of course, you will hear the story, the politically correct story, political correctness, that it is probably an accident”, he went on to say and was then interrupted by Smith who said that “we’re not going to speculate here of the cause of something we don’t know”. Meanwhile, American conservative commentator Glenn Beck said “if this [the blaze] was started by Islamists I don’t think you’ll find out about it”, though he stressed it might have been just an accident. He… Read full this story
- Social media platforms 'failed to counter Notre Dame fire misinformation'
- Scholla: While Getting Blasted on the Field, Notre Dame Doubles Down on BLM Support
- Exit Interview: Next steps as Notre Dame rebuilds for the future
- What will Notre Dame do with yet another golden opportunity?
- YouTube’s Plot to Silence Conspiracy Theories
- What is QAnon? The bizarre conspiracy theory fuelling many in Donald Trump's riot mob
- Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Turns 18, Pokes Fun at Conspiracy Theories
- Alan Sugar accused of peddling coronavirus conspiracy theories about Wuhan lab
- Where Notre Dame was, is, and what it needs vs. Clemson: Receivers and Tight ends
- Friday at 4: I have made mistakes, but not watching Notre Dame in the Playoff will not be one of them
‘Feels Like 9/11’: Twitter Floats Conspiracy Theories Following Notre Dame Blaze have 346 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.