18 April 2019 • 6:54pm Mueller report released to public after almost two-year investigation Redacted report finds Russians ‘did not have cooperation of President’ Trump tweets ‘GAME OVER’ and says ‘I’m having a good day’ Mueller found Trump’s answers ‘inadequate’ but decided against subpoena Democrats decry ‘partisan effort to spin Mueller report’ Who is Robert Mueller, the special prosecutor behind the Russia investigation? Donald Trump ordered the removal of special counsel Robert Mueller after expressing fears the probe would “end” his presidency, according to the newly released Mueller report. Mr Trump called Don McGahn, at the time his White House counsel, after reports that he was personally being investigated by the probe and directed him to fire Mr Mueller, according to the report. Mr McGahn refused to and instead prepared to resign. However he ultimately stayed in post after Mr Trump did not follow up on his request. The incident, which took place just weeks after Mr Mueller had been appointed in May 2017, was among a string of incidents of alleged obstruction of justice recounted in detail by the Mueller report. The 448-page report was released on Thursday morning. The full findings are still emerging as journalists and congressmen scour… Read full this story
- Sessions Was ‘Enthusiastic’ About Trump-Putin Meeting During Campaign, Says Papadopoulos
- How a Special Counsel Changes the Trump-Russia Investigation
- Explosive New Book Prompts President Trump to Claim Former Ally Steve Bannon 'Lost His Mind'
- A Brief Guide to Every 5-Alarm Fire Currently Engulfing the White House
- Mueller Memos Part 6: What Witnesses told Investigators About Trump and Russia
- Mueller Memos Part 6: What Witnesses Told Investigators About Trump And Russia
- Steve Bannon's Plan for Dealing With Mueller's Probe Starts With Firing Rosenstein
- Mueller Investigating Michael Flynn for Plot to Kidnap Turkish Opposition Leader Fethullah Gülen
- Steve Bannon Tells Trump To Bring In New Lawyers as He Looks For Ways to Kneecap Mueller
- Ousting Sessions Could Pave the Way for Mueller Firing, Warns Former White House Ethics Chief
Mueller report: Donald Trump attempted to have Russia investigation's special counsel fired have 319 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.