VOA’s Wayne Lee contributed to this report. WHITE HOUSE — The Trump administration is imposing new restrictions on Cuba aimed at punishing the regime for its support of the Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton on Wednesday announced new limits on the amount of money Cuban Americans can send to relatives on the island at $1,000 per person every three months. In addition, the administration will impose new “regulatory changes to restrict non-family travel to Cuba,” Bolton said in a speech in Miami to a Bay of Pigs veterans group on the 58th anniversary of the failed CIA-orchestrated invasion of the island in 1961. The announcement followed one by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that the administration will allow U.S. citizens to sue foreign businesses using property seized during the 1959 Cuban revolution. The policy shift means lawsuits can be filed beginning May 2. The U.S. government has already certified nearly 6,000 claims valued at more than $8 billion, including actual value and interest. The decision likely will hinder Cuba’s efforts to encourage foreign investment to the Caribbean island. The move is part of Trump’s broader campaign to crack down on socialist Latin American countries Cuba… Read full this story
- Microsoft asks Trump administration for travel ban exceptions
- Trump administration to cut off CSR payments, dealing blow to ACA
- Amazon, Expedia tell US court Trump immigration order affects business
- Reports: Apple to join with tech rivals to oppose Trump’s travel ban
- Apple joins tech company coalition to oppose Trump immigration order in court
- Key tech companies oppose Trump immigration order in court
- Ford Raises Its Voice Against The Trump Travel Ban
- WARNING SIGNS: Code words in latest executive order indicate Trump may be getting sucked into the GMO / pesticide swamp
- What will Trump do with the H-1B visa?
- Ending the hoax: Team Trump removes all references to ‘climate change’ on Whitehouse.gov web site
Trump Administration Restricts Remittances, Travel to Cuba have 311 words, post on www.voanews.com at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.