Two childhood friends who ‘fancied each other’ at school but never dated have got married after spending 45 years apart in different countries. Andrew and Karen Wilson, both now 59, were introduced when they were ‘practically forced’ together in their first year at secondary school in 1971. The couple were originally ‘disappointed’ when they were told to sit next to each other in their registration class at Riversmead School, in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. Although they became friends, ‘nothing happened’ and they went their separate ways after finishing school in 1976 – until they reconnected on Facebook in 2017. Scroll down for video School friends Andrew and Karen Wilson, pictured together on their wedding day on Saturday, have reconnected after spending 45 years apart The happy couple, pictured last weekend, had sat together in a class at Riversmead School, in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, as teenagers Andrew, who is a chemist, said: ‘It took a while, 45 years, before I finally got the courage to ask Karen out on a date, but I finally got my girl. ‘I quite fancied Karen at school but was way to shy to say anything.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next A royal tour! Brigitte Macron welcomes Princess Mary of…… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson pledges to raise secondary school spending
- Slipping back into their old personas: Almost 15 years later the cast of The Fast Show returns for new online episodes
- CBSE Class 10 Result 2019 Date: Secondary school board exam results expected in May, know the past trends
- Wife who put up a $25,000 reward to solve her husband's murder is arrested for killing him 13 years later as police say she 'wanted him dead to claim $1million life insurance policy before they got divorced'
- Police hunt sinister 'PIG MAN' in 'creepy' mask approaching children outside primary and secondary school - forcing staff to warn parents
- Chris Martin reveals he wondered if he was gay while 'discovering sexuality' as a teenager at all-boys boarding school
- Yo La Tengo and David Cross (barely) remember “Sugarcube” 20 years later
- Teenage reading ages 'slip behind by up to three years'
- Michigan Amber Alert: Missing Calista Kay Rose, 13, Wearing Pink Winter Coat, May Be With 45-Year-Old Man
- 20 Years Later, Biggie Smalls’ Mom Has a ‘Very Good Idea’ Who Killed Him
Couple who 'fancied each other' as teenagers but went their separate ways after secondary school tie the knot 45 YEARS later after reconnecting on Facebook have 357 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.