DONALD Trump hailed the Queen a “great, great woman” who inspired Britain to win WW2 as he attended a glitzy Buckingham Palace state banquet. The President celebrated his state visit to the UK with a formal dinner last night where he gave a speech to 170 handpicked guests including Prince Charles, William and Kate, and Theresa May. Her Majesty formally welcomed Mr Trump to Britain during tonight’s banquet and paid tribute to Britain’s D-day heroes 75 years on. During his speech, Mr Trump gave a nod to the “valiant” Prince Philip – who stayed away from the glittering event because he has now officially retired from royal duty. Prince Harry also chose to spend the evening with wife Meghan and their baby son Archie after a row over the Duchess of Sussex’s previous criticism of the President. The dinner capped a dramatic first day for Mr Trump’s state visit: The President launched a furious rant at London Mayor Sadiq Khan – who hit back calling him “far right” Mr Trump promised a bumper trade deal for Britain once we quit the EU “shackles” He hailed the “fantastic” Queen after sharing lunch with the monarch Jeremy Corbyn revealed he will speak… Read full this story
- Queen's ruby jewellery contained 'subliminal message' to Donald Trump - 'Ward off evil'
- Queen Elizabeth news latest: ‘Heartbroken’ Her Majesty, 95, mourns first anniversary of Philip’s death ‘privately’
- Piers Morgan news: TalkTV host says Donald Trump ‘was almost foaming at the mouth’ as ex-president DENIES walking out
- Queen Elizabeth health news – Aides TERRIFIED illness will devastate Jubilee after she’s forced to ditch Easter plans
- Donald Trump's UK ambassador savages Brexit trade hopes and demands 'leadership'
- Donald Trump UK State Visit could happen just WEEKS after Brexit, Ambassador hints
- Inside Putin's Russia: His flaws, vanities and why he considers Trump a 'disappointing clown'
- Rupert Murdoch’s Talk TV: With Donald Trump Row Now Center Stage, Will Piers Morgan’s Grand Comeback Bring Viewers & Plaudits?
- Donald Trump DENIES he stormed out of Piers Morgan chat – but host hits back and thanks him for a ‘great interview’
- Aubrey Huff praises Brett Favre for endorsing Trump, says "vast majority" of MLB players are conservative
Sombre Donald Trump pays tribute to ‘great, great’ Queen who inspired the UK to ‘defeat the enemy at all costs’ with the US during WW2 have 359 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 4, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.