The Washington Post, owned by billionaire Jeff Bezos who is also the CEO of Amazon, claims in a new editorial that a “rational” national immigration policy would deliver an endless stream of welfare-dependent immigrants to American corporations and businesses. Despite rising wages for America’s blue-collar and working-class thanks to a tightened labor market, the Post editors write that importing low-income foreign workers is “the obvious antidote to chronic and predictable labor deficits.” To date, there remains about 12 million Americans out of the labor market who are unemployed, under-employed, or discouraged by their job prospects but all of whom want full-time jobs.The Post editors explain: A rational immigration system, one that meets the labor market’s demands for workers in an array of skill categories and income levels, is the obvious antidote to chronic and predictable labor deficits. Unfortunately, the Trump administration, heedless of the pleas of employers, has implemented and proposed measures whose effect will deepen existing and future shortages. And it has done so even as the unemployment rate, now 3.7 percent, continues to bump along at near-historic lows. [Emphasis added] A policy announced by the administration this month would impede large numbers of low-income legal immigrants from remaining… Read full this story
- Business rejuvenation still dependent on PSRD thrust
- Need A Fresh Paint Job? Here's How Much It Will Cost In The Tucker Area
- Need A Fresh Paint Job? Here's How Much It Will Cost In The Malden Area
- OPINION: Abortion bans and regulations: Why universities and businesses need to start caring about them
- One business, 185 job ads: Why Ryman needs so many staff
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos in economy warning: 'Batten down hatches'
- Once wary of immigrants, this Canadian town is sending out a global labor SOS
- 3 Reasons To Invest In Immigrant Founders During A Recession
- BusinessNZ chief says workforce burnt out, warns 'people will die' if immigration system remains clogged
- What is the Manston immigration centre and what is happening?
Bezos’ WaPo: Business Needs Welfare-Dependent Immigrants to Take U.S. Jobs have 316 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 26, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.