NEW DELHI: The issue price of Sovereign Gold Bonds 2019-20 (Series III) has been fixed at Rs 3,499 per gram of gold, the finance ministry said in a statement on Friday. The Bonds will be open for subscription on August 5 and close on August 9. “The issue price of the Bond during this subscription period shall be Rs 3,499 per gram with settlement date August 14, 2019…” it said. It further said the government in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India has decided to allow a discount of Rs 50 per gram from the issue price to those investors who apply online and the payment is made through digital mode. For such investors, the issue price of the gold bond will be Rs 3,449 per gram of gold. The sovereign gold bond scheme was launched in November 2015 with an objective to reduce the demand for physical gold and shift a part of the domestic savings — used for the purchase of gold — into financial savings.
- Why some investors may give Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme a miss
- Sovereign gold bond issue opens today; should you subscribe?
- Sovereign gold bond issue opens on Monday. Should you subscribe?
- Sovereign Gold Bond Series V opens today at Rs 4,790: Is it right to invest?
- Sovereign gold bond scheme opens: Should you subscribe?
- Govt mobilises Rs 31,290 cr from Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme: FM
- Sovereign gold bond to open for subscription on May 17
- Sovereign Gold Bond: Govt mobilises Rs 31,290 crore from the scheme
- Gold Bonds: 7 watchouts before you fit in sovereign gold bonds in your financial plan
- Federal Bank to join sovereign gold bond scheme
Issue price of sovereign gold bonds fixed at Rs 3,499 per gram have 257 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at August 2, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.