SINGAPORE: A man who was tasered by police at Everton Park in a stand-off that went viral was on Tuesday (Aug 6) sentenced to three years and seven months’ jail, as well as 15 strokes of the cane for a variety of offences ranging from robbery to punching a policeman. Indian national Murugesan Ragupathiraja, 25, assaulted and slapped two police officers on one occasion. While out on bail, he robbed a fellow construction worker by throwing chilli powder in his face. When released on bail again, he kicked benches and dustbins while drunk, and was tasered twice by police before being subdued. Murugesan pleaded guilty to six charges of robbery with common intention, using criminal force on a public servant, assaulting a public servant, hurting a public servant, vandalism and mischief. Another five charges were taken into consideration. FIRST BRUSH WITH LAW STARTED AFTER DRINKS AT TEKKA The construction worker’s troubles with the law began on Dec 11 last year, after drinking with a friend at Tekka Market. While walking along a corridor outside Park 22 Hotel in Little India, Murugesan pulled three wooden window panels from the wall, cracking one and dislodging the other two. The hotel’s housekeeping manager ran to two auxiliary police officers… Read full this story
- Man gets jail, caning for raping 13-year-old girl at a park in 'harrowing two-hour ordeal'
- Man who raped unconscious woman at chalet after friends challenged him gets jail and caning
- Toronto’s squalid Don Jail had history of infamous escapes
- Los Angeles Officials Say They Would Call On National Guard If Violence Related To Minneapolis Police Shooting Erupts
- Mum battered and left for dead by brutal ex looked 'like the Elephant Man' after attack
- Man Who Allegedly Attacked Boy, 8, In Land Park Area Rearrested
- Why are there riots in Bristol? 'Kill the Bill' protest explained after police clashes
- A 21-Year-Old Man Has Been Charged With 10 Counts Of Murder In The Boulder Grocery Store Shooting
- Family Of 3, Including Toddler, Slashed Near Battery Park
- Family Slashed Near Battery Park; Latest Random Crime Raising Concerns About Parole System And Homeless Shelters
Man tasered at Everton Park gets jail, cane for robbery, vandalism and assaulting police have 336 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 6, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.