Edward Enninful pictured at Pride In London Gala Dinner The editor of British Vogue has hit out at ‘racist’ criticism aimed at Meghan Markle after she guest edited an issue of the magazine in September. Edward Enninful and the Duchess of Sussex collaborated on a special ‘Forces for Change’ edition featuring a grid of 15 ‘incredible’ women on the cover with articles commissioned by Meghan inside. Meghan faced criticism for not including the Queen and supposedly being too political, ‘left wing’ and ‘divisive’ with her choices of women. Among those on the front page were climate activist Greta Thunberg; Laverne Cox, a transgender woman described as an ‘LGBTQIA+ advocate, actor and producer’; Labour Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern and ‘diversity advocate and lecturer’ Sinéad Burke. Mr Enninful, who was made British Vogue editor in 2017, told the Guardian: ‘Was the criticism racist? Some of it, yeah.’ ‘Actually it was more than racism,’ Mr Enninful added. ‘I thought it was personal – attacking someone you don’t know, attacking her’. Meghan said she hoped readers would feel inspired by the issue. The cover featured the 15 women with a 16th square resembling a mirror, representing the reader. Mr Enninful was appointed after… Read full this story
- Royal wedding 2018 countdown: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are marrying tomorrow
- 's Editor-in-Chief Has Been Fired After Two Issues
- 's Princess-in-Chief Wants Arab Women to Be Seen as More Than Just Big Spenders
- The best podcasts of 2018 so far
- Why This Romance Writer Decided to Tackle the American Civil War, After All
- America's next top media mogul?
- This Is Your Brain on the
- The Most Important Skills You Need to Start a Writing Career
- Someone Defaced The Shit Out Of Mitsubishi's Wikipedia Page
- No Offense
British Vogue editor Edward Enninful says the criticism of Meghan Markle after she guest-edited an edition of the magazine was 'racist' have 281 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.