Tuesday evening, Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) weighed in on the House resolution that passed requiring a background check for every firearm sale, pointing out that the resolution would make it illegal for him to loan a firearm to friends so they could protect themselves in a dangerous situation. Crenshaw noted a story about a young woman who had defended herself with her gun against thieves trying to rob her, then commented, “Situations like this story are why we protect the 2nd Amendment. Side note: With universal background checks, I wouldn’t be able to let my friends borrow my handgun when they travel alone like this. We would make felons out of people just for defending themselves.” Situations like this story are why we protect the 2nd Amendment. Side note: With universal background checks, I wouldn’t be able to let my friends borrow my handgun when they travel alone like this. We would make felons out of people just for defending themselves. https://t.co/x60mdd1WW1 — Dan Crenshaw (@DanCrenshawTX) September 4, 2019 On Wednesday morning, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) disingenuously added her own partisan perspective to what Crenshaw had tweeted, sniping, “You are a member of Congress. Why are you ‘lending’ guns to… Read full this story
- Trump Tells NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Universal Background Checks Are Off the Table: Report
- Sick racist trolls inundate dead University of Utah athlete's Facebook page blaming HER for her own murder 'for dating a black guy' - as cops reveal she met her killer while he worked as a bar bouncer
- Notes On The Season: Upsets Looming For The Race? ‘Parasite’ On The Rise; The Return Of Oscar Legend Sacheen Littlefeather
- India's problem with rape: Do women feel safe?
- Ebola survivors suffer lingering health problems
- Maloney: Our system of government was founded on checks and balances and holding everyone accountable
- Common iOS 13 problems and how to fix them (iOS 13.3 update)
- Snopes, Which Will Be Fact-Checking For Facebook, Employs Leftists Almost Exclusively
- The video game industry has a diversity problem – but it can be fixed
- The problem with using the Hall of Fame's 'character clause' to keep people out
Crenshaw Notes Problem With Universal Background Checks. AOC Lies About What He Said. have 349 words, post on www.dailywire.com at September 4, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.