It was a packed house at the Grammy Museum Aug, 29 when the legendary R&B group the O’Jays — Eddie Levert Sr., 77, Walter Williams Sr., 74, and Eric Nolan Grant — took to the stage to talk about their new album and to reflect on their 61 years in the music business. Moderated by Grammy Museum Executive Director Scott Goldman, a love fest quickly enveloped the room as fans shouted out accolades to the group and promptly sang along with the trio’s hits that were played in between the interview. For nearly six decades, the trio has been performing, turning out hits like “Backstabbers,” “Family Reunion,” “992 Arguments” “Love Train” and “For the Love of Money.” Along the way, they racked up 15 gold and platinum records and were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. To the surprise of the audience, the O’Jay’s announced that their first CD recording in 15 years, “The Last Word,” will be their final studio album, and they have been spending the summer touring the country one last time. “I’m 77 years old,” Levert has told the media. “How many times can I keep bending my back? How many times can… Read full this story
- Lady Gaga Announces Delay of Her New Album as Singer Reveals She Had Secret Coachella Set Planned
- Taylor Swift releases entire track list for her new album Lover... as she confirms her song collaboration with the Dixie Chicks
- Harry Styles reflects on stripping off for his new album - and says he only took ONE photo completely naked
- Dua Lipa breaks down in tears as she announces she's releasing her album early to 'bring some happiness' amid coronavirus pandemic
- Rage Against the Machine Announce Reunion Tour: See the Dates
- No, 'Marshall Law' Isn't Eminem's New Album, Here's Why It's Trending
- Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus on Farewell Tour: 'It Is Bittersweet for Sure' (Exclusive)
- 'With Deep Regret,' Elton John Postpones Several Farewell Tour Dates Due to Coronavirus
- Kenny Rogers, 79, Cancels Last Dates of Farewell Tour Over 'Health Challenges'
- Craig Morgan Announces New Album ‘A Whole Lot More to Me’
O’Jays announce farewell tour, celebrate new album have 342 words, post on wavenewspapers.com at September 6, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.