Speaking on the BBC One Andrew Marr Show, the polling guru claimed the Conservative Party under the leadership of Boris Johnson has gained considerable trust among Brexit voters in the country. Mr Curtice also explained how Remain voters, now split between Labour and the Liberal Democrats, will also help the Prime Minister win his party a clear majority at the next general election. He said: “This is what is crucial. In a sense, the opportunity for Boris Johnson to be able to win a general election lies on two foundations. “The first is that the Conservative Party has been relatively successful doing the course of the summer in squeezing the Brexit Party vote. “Over a half of those who voted Leave in 2016 now say they’d vote Conservatives whereas only around a quarter said they’d vote for the Brexit Party. “And if those numbers get pushed a bit further then the Conservative are in clear territory. READ MORE: EU must compromise or will count the cost – EXPRESS COMMENT “Foundation number two is the relative success of the Liberal Democrats in dividing up the Remain vote. “They are now competing quite heavily with Labour for the Remain vote – although today’s… Read full this story
- General election 2019: Do social media ads work, are they fair?
- Poll: Trump Takes Lead over Biden
- FiveThirtyEight: Biden has a 71 percent chance of winning the White House
- The Latest: Shedd wins GOP nomination in 1st District
- Rep. Marshall's primary win in Kansas buoys GOP Senate hopes
- Revealed: Newt Gingrich’s Secret Campaign for Donald Trump
- Rep. Marshall’s primary win in Kansas buoys GOP Senate hopes
- Football referee Douglas Ross, who quit as a minister in protest at Dominic Cummings' trip to Durham during lockdown, crowned new Scottish Tory leader
- Today’s Kansas primary crucial to fight for Senate
- What Biden needs to do to win
Polling guru John Curtice reveals 'crucial' reasons Tories can win next general election have 303 words, post on feedproxy.google.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.