Capital: Riyadh Ethnic Groups: Arab 90%, Afro-Asian 10% Religion: Muslim (85-90% Sunni and 10-15% Shiite, citizens only), Other (includes Eastern Orthodox, Protestant, Roman Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh) (2012 est.) GDP (purchasing power parity): $1.775 trillion (2017 est.) GDP per capita: $54,500 (2017 est.) Unemployment: 6% (2017 est.) note: data are for total population Other Facts: Economy – Saudi Arabia possesses approximately 22% of the world’s oil reserves. It is the world’s largest exporter of petroleum liquids and relies on the oil industry for almost half of its GDP. More than 30% of Saudi Arabia’s population is made up of foreign workers. Foreign Relations – Since the end of World War II, Saudi Arabia and the United States have maintained a relationship based on an exchange of oil for security. Their mutual interests have included the free flow of oil and fighting the spread of communism and extremist groups such as al Qaeda and ISIS. Saudi Arabia and the United States have not agreed on support for Israel or engagement with Saudi Arabia’s regional rival, Iran . Saudi Arabia was a founding member of the Arab League in 1945. It currently maintains close ties with its neighbor, Bahrain, and… Read full this story
- Jamal Khashoggi is the right TIME Person of the Year – for all the wrong reasons
- INF withdrawal imperils not just Europe, but US as well (Op-Ed)
- The UN climate conference in Katowice is over. What does it mean for Poland and the world?
- A safe Manbij means a safe Syria
- Goodbye 2018, we will not regret you
- Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges on Iraq: 'I Never Dreamed That We Would Still Be Involved'
- This is what happens when Trump makes foreign policy by tweet
- Could Kamala Harris be the Democrats’ dream antidote to Trump?
- Arms Race: Will Europe Be Victim of Nuclear Power Plays?
Saudi Arabia Fast Facts have 290 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.