Sporting a Confederate flag shirt near a field clouded by cannon smoke, where blue- and gray-clad soldiers reenacted a Civil War battle from 155 years ago, Larry Caldwell Piercy, Jr. said he sees a new war looming in the United States – and a role for himself in any fighting. “It would be all guerrilla warfare, not this open field-style kind of thing,” he said, gesturing at the reenactment of the 1864 Battle of Cedar Creek in Middletown, Virginia, earlier this month. “I would probably be an officer in that effort.” Piercy, 62, is one of the motorcycle riders known as the “mechanized cavalry” of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, which has an estimated 30,000 members and describes itself as a “non-political heritage organization” that preserves the history and legacy of soldiers in the pro-slavery Confederacy in the 1861-1865 Civil War. He is also a fierce supporter of President Donald Trump. As Democrats push to impeach Trump and controversy rages over whether to remove monuments to Confederate generals like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson, Piercy warned a new civil war is brewing. “You look into rural areas, and we’re not seen, but there’s a lot of us that’ll come… Read full this story
- Trump Leads Pro-Plague States of America to a COVID Civil War
- Donald Trump Takes Out Paul Ryan, and ‘It’s Going to Be a Civil War’
- Trump tweets warnings at governors who are taking his own advice. Imagine that.
- Democrats grill Pence over Covid-19 testing and Trump tweets: 'I have never been so mad about a phone call in my life'
- Trump to Open a Second Front in His Trade War
- Trump Is Already Trying to Scale Back His Trade War Into an Extortion Racket
- The Danger of Trump’s Political Accomplishments
- 'Thank you Mr. President - for doing YOUR JOB!' Andrew Cuomo launches total war on Donald Trump as president demands gratitude for helping New York, scorns his knowledge of the constitution and says: 'Maybe he should get up and go to work'
- Trump Calls Rule-Breaking Coronavirus Protesters ‘Very Responsible People’
- Trump lashes out at Democrats, seeking to pass the blame for economic pain
Trump Tweet, Political Divisions Fuel Rising Concern Over New Civil War have 352 words, post on www.newsmax.com at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.