SHEFFIELD SHIELD 2019-20 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on ShareTweet Harry Conway bagged five wickets as NSW bundled out Queensland for 153 at the Gabba © Getty Queensland vs New South Wales, Brisbane Hosts Queensland were shot out for 153 on the opening day on a well-grassed pitch, with Harry Conway picking 5 for 17 in an impressive bowling display. He was supported by Sean Abbott’s three-wicket haul while Mitchell Starc remained without a wicket. Marnus Labuschagne was the only standout with 140-ball 69 for the home side, who lost Joe Burns, Usman Khawaja and Matt Renshaw for a sum total of 57 runs. Labuschagne was out to Conway in the 67th over, starting where Queensland lost their last five wickets for 13 runs. In reply, New South Wales were tottering at 14 for 3, all three wickets going to Cameron Gannon. Steven Smith even registered a five-ball duck on his return to first-class cricket in Australia but David Warner and Nick Larkin helped weather the storm, stitching a calm 36-run stand that saw the visitors to stumps. Brief Scores: Queensland 153 (Marnus Labuschagne 69, Harry Conway 5-17) lead New South Wales 50/3 (David Warner 27*, Nick Larkin 12*;… Read full this story
- Electronics, Lockdowns and Fairytales: Five Australian Open Talking Points
- Sheffield Shield Final: Collapse sees Victoria concede first-innings lead
- Shane Warne: Australia mourns 'the greatest' as PM Scott Morrison announces state funeral
- Kimberley Kitching's death has exposed the dirty side of Labor politics – and an awkward challenge for Albanese
- Friday evening news briefing: Vladimir Putin cut off mid-speech
- ‘Don’t Look Up’ Wins Best Original Screenplay At 50th Annual Writers Guild Awards; ‘CODA,’ ‘Succession,’ More Win Big
- Russia finds Meta guilty of ‘extremist activity’ but WhatsApp can stay
- Jungle Book author Rudyard Kipling ate 'turtle steaks' in S'pore's Raffles Hotel in 1889
- Wednesday morning news briefing: Tax raid to cost £1,000 a head
- Who is Susanna Reid and is she dating anyone right now?
Victoria openers dominate opening day have 303 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 19, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.