The problem with September football is that it skews our perspective. College football is still figuring itself out in September. The comparison points are all hypothetical. September lies. October, however, offers real insight.Was LSU’s offense really ready for a title run? It’s easy enough to think so when Joe Burrow is torching Georgia Southern and Vanderbilt and, yes, even a shaky Texas defense. But what happens when he’s faced with one of the country’s best secondaries in Florida? That’s when we learn something, when we get real answers.This was true for Georgia and Clemson, Penn State and Oklahoma, Notre Dame and even Minnesota on Saturday. We’ve picked apart the appetizer portion of the 2019 college football season already, and Saturday offered our first taste of the main course. This was a week of turning points, a chance to see nearly every contender test some of its glaring weaknesses, answer some of its biggest questions and start scripting the playoff run.Start with Burrow, who offered an emphatic answer to any lingering doubters. Florida’s defense had run roughshod over Auburn just a week earlier, but CJ Henderson & Co. were no match for the red-hot Tigers. Burrow completed 21-of-24 throws for 293… Read full this story
- Race to replace May steps up as contenders set out their stalls
- 'Nuns handed me wrong baby and gave mine away'
- ECB chiefs say eurozone rates could be cut again if needed
- The Week In Russia: Old Allies, New 'Best Friends'
- Is this the answer to our state pension problem?
- Quiz has answers to help some of world’s poorest people
- Schmidt's seven-week itch
- No easy answers for the housing market as supply crunch looms
- Everything you need to know about extending your home
- 15 life skills every teenager needs to learn before college
Why Week 7 gave us the answers we needed about CFP's top contenders have 298 words, post on www.espn.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.