It’s the preseason, and so teams are trying to be extra cautious with their stars. That will apparently be the case this week as No. 1 overall pick Zion Williamson has reportedly not traveled with his New Orlean Pelicans for the final preseason game of the year against the New York Knicks.
Williamson has apparently strained his right knee, and his not heading to New York with the team isn’t looking like it’s just for rest as the regular season approaches. Williamson may actually have a bit of soreness working against him right now, which is the last thing any NBA fans want to hear right now.
The release from the Pelicans says that Williamson remained in Louisiana to undergo further testing on his right knee.
Hopefully this is nothing serious and the season can get off to a thrilling start. It certainly looks to be headed in that direction based off of how Williamson has performed already in preseason action.
New Orleans kicks off the regular season on Oct. 22 against the defending champion Toronto Raptors in Ontario.
- Bruins Set To Play Two Preseason Games Vs. Flames In China
- Buccaneers drop 25-10 in final preseason game against the Jaguars at Raymond James Stadium
- The Most Annoying People on the Internet Are Zion Williamson-Highlight Truthers
- Barack Obama, LeBron James Wish Zion Williamson Speedy Recovery
- Zion Williamson Rocks Nike Shoes at L.A. Workout, Done Deal?
- Isaiah Thomas to Zion Williamson, 'Sit Yo Ass Down' and Wait for NBA
- Wally Szczerbiak: ‘Zion Williamson Is The Best Defender In College Basketball’
- Zion Williamson 'Excited' to Play In New Orleans, Stepdad Says
- Zion Williamson Could Be Greatest Player In Duke History, Says Dahntay Jones
- Roy Hibbert Says Zion Williamson Is An Unstoppable Beast Who Will Kill It In NBA