It’s the preseason, and so teams are trying to be extra cautious with their stars. That will apparently be the case this week as No. 1 overall pick Zion Williamson has reportedly not traveled with his New Orlean Pelicans for the final preseason game of the year against the New York Knicks. Williamson has apparently strained his right knee, and his not heading to New York with the team isn’t looking like it’s just for rest as the regular season approaches. Williamson may actually have a bit of soreness working against him right now, which is the last thing any NBA fans want to hear right now. Via Twitter: Roster update: Zion Williamson is listed as out with right knee soreness for the team’s final preseason game against the Knicks — New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) October 17, 2019 Just now on ESPN: @wojespn says Pelicans are being cautious with Zion’s injury. Hope to know more in 24 hours and this isn’t a typical preseason ‘rest’ situation. — Andrew Lopez (@_Andrew_Lopez) October 17, 2019 The release from the Pelicans says that Williamson remained in Louisiana to undergo further testing on his right knee. Hopefully this is nothing serious and the season… Read full this story
- Zion Williamson remains doubtful for regular season finale
- Zion Williamson: 'I would love to play for the Knicks'
- Zion Williamson weighs in on possibly playing with Durant, Irving
- Watch: Zion Williamson suffers injury on freak play
- Zion Williamson: Would Be Dope to Play with Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving on Knicks
- Cowboys and Rams will travel 2,500 miles to play a preseason game in August
- Rams will play a preseason game in Honolulu in 2019
- Camera catches President Obama's reaction to Zion Williamson's knee injury
- Zion Williamson injury update: Duke freshman to miss UNC game with right knee sprain
- LOOK: Zion Williamson sprains knee, blows through shoe vs. UNC, sending Twitter into a frenzy
Zion Williamson has right knee soreness, won’t play final preseason game have 306 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.