It features 81 fine art works by 27 Asian artists in 13 countries and territories: Australia, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. A host of contemporary issues such as environmental degradation, the clash between traditional and modern cultures, and the era of social networks are reflected in art works including installations, sculptures and paintings. They exhibition “will serve to strengthen mutual understanding among Asian artists”, Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Ta Quang Dong, said at the opening ceremony on Tuesday. An artist performs at the art exhibition’s opening ceremony in Hanoi on November 5. Photo by Facebook/VCCA. Exhibition organizers said that the artists featured were well-known in their home countries and abroad. “This is the first time we have invited so many international artists to Hanoi to exchange their ideas,” said Vi Kien Thanh, head of the Fine Arts, Photography and Exhibition Department under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. “Artworks created by Vietnamese artists are based on the foundation of the country’s long-standing culture and indigenous values, despite being affected by the styles and practical methods from France, Russia, and European countries,” said art advisor Jorn Middelborg. The… Read full this story
- Exhibit features students' artwork
- Exhibit showcases Libbey's milestones in the glass industry
- 2018 Artwalk Homestead to Showcase Community Visual & Performing Artists While Supporting Local Schools
- An exhibition showcasing Oman in the hearts of expats
- PHOTOS: Camden mural showcases students' artwork
- Museum exhibit showcases Paramount costumes
- Exhibitions provide platform to expand trade promotion activities : Mohammad Khalil Bandh
- They’re SO Hot Right Now – Young African Artists You Need to Know!
- Home/ Culture/ ArtFondation Cartier holds its first exhibition in China
- From protest to street art, five exhibits to see right now in Paris
Hanoi exhibition showcases contemporary artworks by Asian artists have 288 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 9, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.