Three puppets from The Sooty Show given to two children by their creator 45 years ago have sold for £5,000. Harry Corbett gave the Sooty, Sweep and Soo glove puppets to Vicky Golding, then four, and her brother Max Jowett, then six, in 1974 after their mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Corbett even staged personal shows at their home in Otley, West Yorkshire, as the children’s father, Derek Jowett, was his financial adviser. Three vintage puppets have sold for £5,000. The Soo (left), Sooty (centre) and Sweep (right) puppets were gifted to Vicky Golding, then four, and her brother Max Jowett, then six, in 1974 Harry Corbett, the creator of the show, gave them the puppets after their mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1974. Pictured is the Sooty, right, and Sweep, left, puppets Vicky and Max (blue jumper) are pictured on their last holiday with their mother Jackie Jowett. The childrens’ father, Derek Jowett, was Harry Corbett’s financial adviser and he performed the puppet show for them at their home in Otley, West Yorkshire Vicky Golding, 49, said that she played with Soo (pictured) all the time. Her brother, Max Golding, used to play with Sooty. Sweep, she… Read full this story
- Tesla stock climbs after hours after company posts record profit and says it will sell half a million cars this year
- Bros star Luke Goss confirms he split from his wife three years ago following a 33 year relationship as he says he will 'love her to his dying day'
- A depression pill from 70 years ago could be used to treat prostate cancer, research suggests
- Suriya Starrer Soorarai Pottru’s Team Pays Tribute To Mohan Babu For Completing 45 Years In Industry
- Dinosaurs were THRIVING and producing new species prior to the asteroid impact that wiped them out 66 million years ago, study reveals
- US got first woman Vice President now, India got woman PM 50 years ago, reminds Priyanka Gandhi
- Stoinis is playing five times better than a year ago, says Ponting
- Femur belonging to a humanoid that lived six million years ago shows it walked on all fours, suggesting it was more closely related to chimps than humans, study reveals
- NASA's Curiosity rover finds evidence of an ancient 'megaflood' on Mars 4 billion years ago – raising the possibility that LIFE once existed on the Red Planet
- They're back... with a new story to melt your heart: Shirley Hughes's Dogger became a childhood classic 43 years ago. Now she has written a magical festive sequel
Izzy wizzy let's get sold! Three puppets from Sooty Show sell for £5,000 after the creators gave them to two children 45 years ago have 401 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.