A bereft mother today won the right for a new inquest into the death of her severely asthmatic nine-year-old daughter to examine whether the state failed in its duty to protect her from unlawful air pollution. Ella Kissi-Debrah, from Lewisham, could now become the first person in the UK to have air pollution listed as the cause of death. The schoolgirl passed away having suffered a cardiac arrest in February 2013 after three years of seizures and 27 visits to five different hospitals. ‘Beautiful, bright and bubbly’ Ella lived just 80ft from a notorious pollution ‘hotspot’ on the busy South Circular road in south-east London. At the time no medical professionals suspected a link between air pollution and her asthma - but a new inquest expected next year will consider if the authorities could have saved her from illegal air pollution. Her mother Rosamund successfully applied to the High Court in May to quash the original 2014 inquest into her death following the new evidence in a 2018 report that said air quality in the mile around her house ‘consistently’ exceeded lawful limits. And today Assistant Coroner Philip Barlow told a pre-inquest review hearing in Southwark: ‘It does seem to me that the scope… Read full this story
- 'No means no': Utah mother is outraged after her 11-year-old daughter's school principal forces her to slow dance with a boy she didn't like at Valentine's Day event
- Mother Arrested In Abduction Of 11-Year-Old Daughter From Oakley School
- Mother-of-two, 40, reveals she is constantly mistaken for her 21-year-old daughter's SISTER - so can YOU tell who's who?
- Single mother, 42, pulls her 11-year-old daughter out of school after she was sent home because her £6 trousers from Asda looked like 'leggings'
- This is what the PERFECT lunchbox looks like: Doctor shares the healthy preschool meal she packs for her three-year-old daughter
- 'I nearly gagged': Stomach-turning photos show a mother cutting into her one-year-old daughter's Michel's Patisserie birthday cake to find it was COMPLETELY full of mould
- Allu Arjun’s cute banter with his 3-year-old daughter will get rid of your Monday Blues!
- Bradley Cooper gives his two-year-old daughter Lea a ride on his shoulders ... after a family lunch with ex-girlfriend Irina Shayk as the two navigate co-parenting
- Single mum, 45, reveals why she is still going on holiday to Japan with her nine-year-old daughter while there is a national warning about coronavirus
- How Her 3-Year-Old Daughter's Death Convinced Barbara Bush to Be Pro-Choice: 'The Toughest Issue for Me'
Grieving mother in fight to prove the government is responsible for causing her nine-year-old daughter's deadly asthma attack by allowing air pollution to reach illegal levels have 401 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 17, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.