NEW DELHI: Nokia said that telecom operators need to ensure that they have the right security protocols to avoid any attack on their network. In an interaction with ET’s Danish Khan, CB Velayuthan, senior vice president, Global Sales, IP & Optical Networks said that every player in that whole value chain also needs to make sure that they bring in the right controls with their products for networks. He said that Indian telecom operators are heavily involved in building their IP and optical networks to handle the data demand, and the Finnish telecom gear maker is investing big time in India. Edited excerptsWhat’s the outlook for Nokia’s IP and optical business?We are excited about the progress that we have made, globally. In Q2, we announced that we grew double-digit in just in our sales in IP. Now, in itself, growing double digit today is extremely exciting. Competition, on the other hand, has seen revenue decline for seven to eight consecutive quarters. It shows you the strength and the confidence that our customers have in our products and in our solution. We have had over 100 new customers that have been that we’ve been. Two-thirds of the deployment we’re doing is… Read full this story
- Nokia launches 5G cybersecurity testing lab in Texas
- Most Businesses Don't Survive Ransomware Attacks. What to Do in the Aftermath to Soften the Blow
- Four ways Southeast Asian journalists are under digital attack
- Skype: Net neutrality: Telcos warn of six-fold hike in data tariffs
- New phone that's Nothing like its Android rivals launches soon but only on this UK network
- How To Ensure Your PAM Solution Helps Eliminate Workflow Disruption
- How to Enable Secure Private DNS on Android
- Dave Chappelle attack: Gascón doubles-down on felony decision, calls criticism on non-charges ‘misinformation'
- Security update live blog - Microsoft goes after ransomware, Heroku confirms data breach
- Signal, WhatsApp and Telegram: Here's which secure messaging app you should use
Telcos need to ensure right security protocols to avoid attacks on networks: Nokia's CB Velayuthan have 317 words, post on ciso.economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.