Despite the lack of Meghan McCain on Thursday’s broadcast of The View, things still devolved into a tense and heated back-and-forth when the table discussed the right-wing outrage over impeachment witness Pamela Karlan’s wordplay pun involving Barron Trump’s name. During Wednesday’s House Judiciary Committee impeachment hearing, Karlan—a Stanford Law professor—attempted to make a point about the Constitution, noting that President Donald Trump is not a monarch. “So while the president can name his son Barron, he can’t make him a baron,” Karlan said. After First Lady Melania Trump and other conservatives lashed out at the legal expert, claiming she attacked a minor, Karlan offered an apology. Discussing the backlash to Karlan’s play on words, hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar pointed out that the professor was merely making an analogy using Barron’s name and was not being “disrespectful or nasty” towards a young child. This immediately prompted conservative co-host Abby Huntsman to fire back. “I might be the only one here that sees this as pretty sick and a total low blow and stupid,” Huntsman huffed, causing guest host Bari Weiss to ask what was so “sick” about it. “Because I think talking about political kids unless they’re on the… Read full this story
- Barron Trump’s Sudden Growth Spurt Has Twitter Agog as Photos Show Him Towering Over Dad
- 'The View': Meghan McCain Confronts Donald Trump Jr. on His Father's 'Character'
- 'The View': Joy Behar Roasts Donald Trump Jr. on Comment About Being 'Son of a Rich Guy' and Social Media Has Thoughts
- The View: Michael Bloomberg takes GOP, Trump to task
- 'RHOBH': Camille Grammer Defends Brett Kavanaugh Amid Sexual Assault Allegations in Shouting Match With Lisa Rinna
- "The Booing Is F***ing Us Up": 'The View' Melts Down Over Donald Trump Jr. Visit
- Jim DeMint: The UN is so corrupt, so warped by bias, that it needs a disinfectant. It's met its match in Trump
- Kimberly Guilfoyle chokes on tears as she opens up about losing her parents to cancer during chaotic appearance on The View as she and Donald Trump Jr say they wont get married until after they 'get the president re-elected'
- Sky Views: Puerto Rico not in Trump's political calculations
- Trevor Noah Calls Trump 'World's Worst Dad' after President Refers to Barron as Melania's Son
‘The View’ Devolves Into Shouting Match Over Barron Trump Pun have 382 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at December 5, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.