Previously, ST24 ranked third in the 9th World's Best Rice event in Macau, China, in 2017. It also claimed the top prize at the 3rd Vietnam Rice Festival in the Mekong Delta province of Long An last year. ST24 won first prize at the first Vietnam Rice Contest held in Ho Chi Minh City on November 4 to be selected as the variety to send to the World's Best Rice 2019. The ST24 rice variety was developed by a group of scientists including engineer Ho Quang Cua, Dr. Tran Tan Phuong and M.S. Nguyen Thi Thu Huong. The group was led by engineer Ho Quang Cua, who was former deputy director of the Soc Trang Province Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. This fragrant rice variety was first researched 10 years ago, was tested in 2014, and put into trial cultivation in 2016. It is a short-term rice variety, which is much more disease-resistant than some traditional rice varieties, yielding up to seven tonnes of rice per hectare. In addition to being a special rice variety, ST24 is a climate-smart rice variety in the Mekong Delta, as it can grow well in saline and alum soil conditions. Particularly, ST24 is… Read full this story
- Sun World Fansipan Legend named ‘Vietnam’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2019’
- Female Vietnamese academician receives Japan’s noble order
- Van Don International Airport named as Asia’s Leading New Airport 2019
- Vietnamese contestant Kieu Loan comes sixth in Top 21 at Historic Crowns Fashion Show
- Vietnamese NA Vice Chairwoman meets IPU leader, Cuban counterpart
- Vietnam Business Summit 2019 highlights digital age
- Press Green Beauty 2019 launched ahead of Vietnamese Women’s Day
- Fansipan Legend becomes “Việt Nam's Leading Tourist Attraction 2019”
- Vietnamese teacher spreads the word in Laos
- How Vietnamese Cultivate Wet Rice?
Vietnamese rice crowned best at 2019 World Rice Conference have 285 words, post on ven.vn at December 18, 2019. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.