WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s relentless attacks on the impeachment investigation and Democrats’ stance on Iran strained the truth on various fronts, from claiming that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi defended Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani to asserting that even Ukraine’s president said Trump did nothing wrong in withholding military aid. In weekend tweets and interviews, Trump repeatedly left out important context or simply made stuff up. To a core question — did the U.S. killing of an Iranian general avoid an imminent attack on U.S. interests? — there is no definitive answer more than a week after missiles flew. Trump and his officials said the U.S. attack achieved that result but have yet to prove it. Trump over the past week offered distortion across the breadth of public policy. He declared clean-air achievements when the air has become dirtier.He complained that he didn’t get the Nobel Peace Prize for peace in Ethiopia, when he had little or nothing to do with Ethiopia’s peace deal with neighboring Eritrea. And in the midst of dangerous brinkmanship with Iran, Trump falsely accused President Barack Obama of opening the U.S. treasury to Tehran and handing over a fortune. A look at the claims and reality:… Read full this story
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump says US economy is No. 1 because of him
- Fact check: Trump says the US has given 'massive' assistance to the Kurds. What do the facts say?
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's tale about Romney unrest, impeachment
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump misfires on economy, Syria, impeachment
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump spreads false claims on immigrant aid
- AP fact check: Trump's election fiction on GOP wins, economy
- From treason to ISIS in Syria: fact-checking Trump's weekend barrage of false claims
- Fact check: Trump misfires on economy, Syria, impeachment
- Fact check: Trump exaggerates on munitions shortage
- Facebook's refusal to fact-check Trump could be its defining 2020 decision
AP FACT CHECK: Trump says Pelosi, Dems defended Iran general have 309 words, post on www.denverpost.com at January 12, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.