China has gone into lockdown today as authorities and businesses scramble to shut tourist attractions and public transport systems in a bid to stop the spread of the deadly new coronavirus that has killed at least 26 people.In a drastic turn of events, part of the Great Wall of China and Disneyland in Shanghai have been closed as authorities desperately try to stop people spreading the Wuhan coronavirus amid fears as many as 10,000 are already infected with the killer virus. At least 14 cities, home to around 41million people, are reported to have gone into some form of lockdown in the past two days, with public transport halted and roads closed.And footage posted online appears to show troops being deployed onto the streets of Wuhan, from where the virus has emerged, to contain the outbreak. In the US, one man in Washington State is being monitored after being confirmed to have the disease and other suspected cases are being tested in California and Texas. Across the Atlantic, British authorities have tested 14 people but no cases have been confirmed yet. Chinese New Year is due to be celebrated tomorrow, which normally means millions of people travel around the country and the world… Read full this story
- China reports nearly 100 new coronavirus cases in one day, highest in recent weeks
- Coronavirus: China reports no new COVID-19 deaths for first time during outbreak
- New Year’s Host Gifts Under $50 That Aren’t Champagne (And Are on Amazon)
- Coronavirus shuts grand softball stage for Oklahoma City and WCWS
- Republicans press for China to be held responsible for spread of coronavirus pandemic around the world
- Army targets terror launch pads & ammunition dumps across the LoC with heavy artillery guns
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un in China for 'unannounced state visit'
- China approves import quotas for another 222,020 ton of copper scrap
- Operation Shield to be implemented in several new coronavirus hotspots in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal
- 75-year-old woman from Navi Mumbai dies of coronavirus
China in LOCKDOWN: China cancels its New Year celebrations, closes FOURTEEN cities, part of the Great Wall, Disneyland Shanghai - and even McDonald's shuts up shop - as the army is deployed in desperate bid to contain killer coronavirus have 320 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.