Chef Kim Geon, top, runs the casual Japanese izakaya Ichie, which has one of the largest lists of Japanese sakes in Seoul. It offers many of the dishes, left and above, that people are familiar with so that they can feel comfortable eating food paired with their drinks. [PARK SANG-MOON]Even after nine years of operation, it is still difficult to get seats at Japanese izakaya Ichie in Sinsa-dong, southern Seoul, on weekends or even on a random weekday. Tabletops are filled with fresh seafood or grilled meat, often accompanied with one of the 100 different sakes the restaurant has ready or draft beer. The popular restaurant isn’t reserved for only people wearing fine garments. All are welcome, whether you’re still in the suit you wore to work or a track jacket you threw on after a workout at the gym. The scene chef Kim Geon wanted to create was something one could find in a neighborhood bar in the Japanese countryside. The interior is all wood without too many decorative items, creating a classic yet aged look. The plating of food is also very straightforward without too many garnishes on top. The familiar ambience and the comfort food quickly attracted… Read full this story
- Brittany Snow Dishes on Her Upcoming Wedding to Tyler Stanaland: 'The Vibe Is Very Comfort Food'
- Comfort Food Awaits: Black Bear Diner Opens In Simi Valley
- Hairstyles that'll work perfectly for when you have oily hair
- This Work-Perfect Bag Has Enamored More Than 1,000 Nordstrom Shoppers
- Food shortage hit Edo IDP
- Meghan Markle's Work-Perfect Flats Are Back in Stock (and Come in Two New Colors)!
- Heritage Foundation researcher: Green New Deal 'would devastate the economy,' hit working families hardest
- Alonso hits inch-perfect free-kick in training ground stunt
- First-rate Filipino food? Try heading to the supermarket
- How to cook the perfect rum babas – recipe
Comfort food proves to be a hit after work: After perfecting simple izakaya dishes, Kim Geon is ready for more have 301 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at January 17, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.