THE IMPEACHMENT TIMETABLE Here’s what happens on the first full day of ceremonies leading up to the Senate impeachment trial of Donald Trump. 12:00 PM: Democratic House managers for the Senate trial, announced by Pelosi Wednesday, arrive 12.10PM: Adam Schiff the lead impeachment manager, reads the articles of impeachment 12:30 PM: The Democratic Caucus will hold a luncheon 2:00 PM: Chief Supreme Court Justice John Roberts will be sworn by Senator Chuck Grassley on the Senate floor. Roberts will then swear in all 100 senators who will act as jurors in the impeachment trial. After that: The Senate is expected to spend part of the afternoon discussing details of the scheduling and set-up of the Senate Floor for when the trial commences on Tuesday. Tuesday: Senators will debate the rules of the trial. How long that debate lasts has not yet become clear. Mitch McConnell could use procedural rules to force through rules with no Democratic votes which would allow the trial to begin that day. Democratic impeachment managers will have 24 hours over four days to make their case Wednesday to Friday: Democratic case continues Saturday January 25: The earliest possible day for Donald Trump’s defense to begin their 24 hours,… Read full this story
- Did Donald Trump just admit obstruction of justice with this tweet about Michael Flynn?
- As Trump attacks U.S. law enforcement, another top official quits
- Trump calls Sessions' surveillance probe decision 'disgraceful'
- U.S. Supreme Court wrestles with Minnesota voter apparel case
- Trump and Comey trade barbs after dismissal of FBI deputy director
- Explosive memo released as Trump escalates fight over Russia probe
- Trump accused of backpedaling on gun control
- Fired FBI deputy director ‘kept personal memos regarding Trump’
- Trump berated McCabe for wife's politics, Comey's plane ride home
- Andrew McCabe memos on Trump dealings given to Russia investigation
'Do you solemnly swear you will do impartial justice, according to the Constitution and laws, so help you God?' Chief Justice John Roberts and the 100 senators are sworn as jurors in to put Donald Trump on trial have 293 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 16, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.