Despite the Ullawas building collapse leaving seven people dead, illegal colonies have continued to crop up around the city in 2019. According to an estimate by the department of town and country planning (DTCP), over 100 illegal colonies, over 450 acres, have mushroomed and thrived in the city in the last year. Over the last 12 months, such colonies have cropped up extensively in Bhondsi, Farrukhnagar, Manesar, Pataudi, Sultanpur and in parts of Sohna.Real estate experts say that the reason for the increase in illegal colonies is that the majority of buyers are totally priced out of the formal housing market controlled by private developers and people are forced to buy houses in illegal colonies.The prospect of the comparatively low cost of plots, payment in instalments and the fact that construction can be done without following norms is an additional advantage, say experts. Also, these colonies offer buyers a chance to run shops, dairies and other businesses, which is not possible in planned developments.The failure of the state government to intervene in the housing sector and its withdrawal from developing real estate, in favour of private players, is another reason that people are pushed to invest… Read full this story
- Affordable housing gets further support as Budget extends tax holiday
- Competition for affordable housing would rise under SF’s Prop. U
- Affordable housing remains scarce in HCMC
- Government offers £7bn affordable homes fund to housing providers
- Budget boost to realty: Tax sop on home loans, tax holiday for affordable housing & push to rental housing
- More affordable housing 'should be built in national parks'
- Could HUD Chief Ben Carson's Bus Tour Help Solve the Affordable Housing Crisis?
- We should prioritize affordable housing in 2020
- Officials Unveil Plan To Create Affordable Housing For San Jose State Students
Government push needed for affordable housing: Expert have 287 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.