The New Orleans Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area’s Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis. Attorneys for about two dozen men suing the church say in court filings that the 276 documents they obtained through discovery show that the NFL team, whose owner is devoutly Catholic, aided the Archdiocese of New Orleans in its ‘pattern and practice of concealing its crimes.’ ‘Obviously, the Saints should not be in the business of assisting the Archdiocese, and the Saints’ public relations team is not in the business of managing the public relations of criminals engaged in pedophilia,’ the attorneys wrote in a court filing. ‘The Saints realize that if the documents at issue are made public, this professional sports organization also will be smearing itself.’ Ties between local church leaders and the Saints include a close friendship between New Orleans Archbishop Gregory Aymond and Gayle Benson (left), who inherited the Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans basketball team when her husband, Tom Benson (right), died in 2018. The archbishop was at Gayle… Read full this story
- Inside the New Orleans public defenders office, where attorneys are so overworked they're turning down new clients
- SafeSport, The USOC's Attempt To Stop Child Abuse, Is Set Up To Fail-Just Like It's Supposed To
- I’m a progressive feminist. So why can’t I leave the Catholic Church?
- Church Withheld Allegations from Former Parents & Minimized Severity of Child Sexual Abuse
- Church Abuse Victims Call 'Bullshit' On Cardinal Dolan's Supposedly Independent Investigation
- Outraged By Property Sales To Luxury Developers, Affordable Housing Group Takes On The Catholic Church
- Brooklyn Diocese Reaches Historic Settlement With Four Victims Sexually Abused By Church Teacher
- Journalists Claim Abuse at Inauguration
- Texas' New Anti-Gay Law Could Have Made This Family Impossible
- Inside The New Movement To Decriminalize Sex Work In NY
New Orleans Saints executives 'did PR damage control for local Catholic archdiocese to contain sex-abuse scandal' and are now fighting the release of hundreds of emails have 320 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.