Jason Garrett is finally, mercifully out as the Dallas Cowboys head coach. Make no mistake, this is a lifetime achievement award, not a reaction to the team’s disappointing 8-8 season. The Clapper was consistently the league’s most uninspiring coach. No one did less with more. Whether Jason Garrett is reallocated or terminated remains to be seen. The latest reports indicate that after a face to face meeting this week, the Cowboys are letting Garrett’s contract run out on 17 January rather than firing him outright. Why that distinction matters is anyone’s guess. The result is the same: Garrett is out, and the search for a new coach is already underway. The Cowboys haven’t won a Super Bowl since January 1996, and yet they remain the most talked about team in the league. They are the most valuable franchise in American sports. To some, that comes with unusual pressures. Jerry Jones is cast as a villainous figure who wants to win now, restore the Cowboys as America’s Team and in doing so claim some of the plaudits for himself. But are those expectations any different than with other franchises? Would you rather work for Jones, who flashes competence but speaks to… Read full this story
- LSU basketball's Tony Benford accepts TCU assistant coaching job to 'get close to home'
- Cowboys 2020 changes: Byron Jones explains split from Dallas, why he chose Dolphins
- NASCAR: Troy Aikman Does His Best Matthew McConaughey Impression While Serving as Grand Marshal for iRacing Series Broadcast
- Aldon Smith to the Cowboys: How it happened and what the former All-Pro has to say about signing with Dallas
- 2020 Cowboys free agency: Dez Bryant working out with Dak Prescott as he lobbies for return to Dallas
- 6 Ideas to Rein in Silicon Valley, Open Up the Internet, and Make Tech Work for Everyone
- Bears declare open competition between Trubisky, Foles
- Cowboys offer sneak peek into how they're conducting pre-draft meetings amid the coronavirus
- 2020 NFC Championship odds, NFL picks, predictions: Computer model fading Cowboys
- 2020 NFL win totals, odds, predictions, best bets: Model picks under 9.5 wins for Seahawks
Why the Dallas Cowboys opening is the best coaching job on the market have 343 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 3, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.