THE world is on high alert with tensions at boiling point between Iran and the US over the assassination of General Qasem Soleimani. But is World War 3 on the cards? Will there be World War Three? World War Three has been trending on Twitter and Google after the US assassinated Iran’s top general Qasem Soleimani in Iraq. People have been expressing serious concern across the globe that the move will cause the outbreak of World War Three as Iran’s supreme leader Ali Khamenei promised “harsh vengeance”, “jihad” and “crushing revenge”. Trump has retaliated to Iranian threats, saying he will unleash $2 trillion worth of new military equipment if US bases are targeted. Tehran pinpointed 35 “key US targets” to attack – and in response, the US has threatened to attack 52 Iranian targets “very fast and very hard” if they retaliate.Searches for ‘World War 3’ also spiked on Google within hours of the airstrike in Iraq overnight. Google Trends recorded ‘Iran’ as the most searched term in the UK, with more than 500,000 searches for the topic. But despite the speculation around World War Three, the US and Iran are known for their rhetoric, and it is unclear what… Read full this story
- Packers Rumors: Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy Tensions Rising After Seahawks Loss
- Soccer: Iran hampered by usual issues ahead of bid to end drought
- Prehistoric Massacre In Kenya Reveals World's Oldest Human Warfare
- April sees worst fuel price rise for more than a year
- Fuel prices hit three-and-a-half-year high with more rises to come
- World's First Farmers Were Genetically Distinct Stone Age Groups
- Big Transfer Wars to Expect in Summer 2019
- Mothers Big Rig Schedule, Recap of Mustang Fest 2014, and More News
- Hero MotoCorp mulls world's least priced motorcycle?
- Light Beam Reflects From One World Trade Center Before 9/11 Anniversary
Will there be a World War 3? Latest WW3 news as Iran and US tensions rise have 290 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 5, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.