Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover on Tuesday warned that its production schedules in the UK as well as India are under strain due to its supply chains in coronavirus-hit China.JLR CEO Ralf Speth said the company has enough supplies to ensure production for the next two weeks, but from the third week onwards it remains risky and could even mean plant closures.“We have flown parts in suitcases just to make sure we have all the parts but for the third week, we still have parts missing,” said Speth.Tata Motors CEO and Managing Director Guenter Butschek, in the UK for the official launch of the company’s new National Automotive Innovation Centre (NAIC) at the University of Warwick in Coventry, said the same scenario was playing out in the Tata Group firm’s Indian base and that they have been “tracking and tracing” the situation on a very microscopic level to modify production strategy as things develop.“Everything mentioned by Ralf is not just an issue for Jaguar Land Rover. Although we have all of our operations domestically located in India, we are pretty much in the same boat,” said Butschek.“In particular, the automotive industry is largely dependent on its… Read full this story
- Covovax: Everything You Need To Know About The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For India
- COVID-19: Urvashi Rautela Launches India's First Saliva-Based COVID Home Test Kit - Angcard
- Trial Of New Oral Drug Against COVID-19 Begins In South Africa
- Omicron threat: We need to be prepared for any eventuality, says Randeep Guleria amid rising COVID-19 cases in UK
- Genomic Sequencing: Here’s How Researchers Identify Omicron And Other COVID-19 Variants
- When To Take A Rapid Antigen Or RT-PCR Test For COVID-19?
- Maharashtra may report 2 lakh active COVID-19 cases by January 3rd week, says Dr Pradeep Vyas
- WHO sets stage for Covid-19 booster: Prioritise high-risk groups
- 5 million deaths – 22 months of Covid-19
- How Covid-19 affected wines and winegrowers around the world
Covid-19 may hit production schedules in India & UK, warns Tata JLR have 319 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.