So when do we panic that the world’s economic powerhouse is in lockdown? The growth in the number of novel coronavirus cases is no longer exponential – at least if you believe official Chinese statistics. Approximately 3000 new cases are being reported each day worldwide, mostly in China, and the official death toll is now over 1000. The virus isn’t heading off the charts, but it is steadily worsening each day, as the next graph shows. RELATED: ‘Don’t wear masks’: New virus update RELATED: China’s drastic new virus lockdown Coronavirus cases and deaths have skyrocketed. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied Should we believe Chinese official numbers? Head of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has said the cases we’ve seen might be just the tip of the iceberg. Online, conspiracy theories are running wild. There’ve been some concerning instances of onward #2019nCoV spread from people with no travel history to 🇨🇳. The detection of a small number of cases may indicate more widespread transmission in other countries; in short, we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg.— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros) February 9, 2020 Could China be covering up? The number of cases on board the Diamond Princess cruise… Read full this story
- World markets tank on Fed taper talk, Delta fears
- Coronavirus update: New tests that give results in less than an hour approved for use in Australia
- As New Cases Surge, Businesses Face Grim Fallout
- Coronavirus map LIVE: Britain TOP for epidemic response worldwide despite 87 infected
- DAILY VOICE | Outlook for market positive in FY22, but rising COVID cases & bonds yields big risks: Ajit Banerjee of Shriram Life
- Gas boiler ban: New builds targeted in phase one of crackdown - the 15 key areas affected
- Density Is New York City’s Big ‘Enemy’ in the Coronavirus Fight
- With Xi’s Power Grab, China Joins New Era of Strongmen
- Italy Locks Down Much of the Country’s North Over the Coronavirus
- What if the Coronavirus Crisis Is Just a Trial Run?
‘Economic contagion’: Coronavirus in scary new phase as it hits world markets have 323 words, post on www.news.com.au at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.